Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Okay, the question is: when I meet E's parents, do I give them something? The meeting is unusual in that they are the visitors. His parents and younger brother are traveling to Baltimore to see E, and then continuing along on their vacation. We'll be going to dinner - I'm going with them probably just once, although maybe invited twice - not sure yet of the plans. If I was going to meet them at their house in Indiana, it's a no-brainer...wine and a baked good...but them coming here? Ve-ry tricky. Maybe I bake cookies that I can send along on their trip? I believe they are driving, rather than flying. That's probably the safest option...I know his mom is not big on fatty foods, but I bet the males will be. I'm thinking a tin of shortbread cookies. What shape? It's too crumbly for stars, hearts are too assumptive, I may have to go with the boring circles...they will probably hold up the best, although certainly not the prettiest.

The other option would be to bring over muffins at some point in the morning. I will ask E how his parents feel about breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. I like the shortbread idea. Shortbread can be crumbly on car rides though, but who doesn't love a great shortbread cookie? Or maybe add some Berger cookies b/c they came through Baltimore?

    ReplyDelete