I am super excited for my weekend plans.
One of the issues that E and I were dealing with last weekend was the realization that some of my girlfriends have been feeling neglected because I have been spending so much time with him. They are completely right about this...not that I immediately dropped all my girls, but B.E (Before E) I spent most of my free time meeting up with my many girls for drinks, hiking, movies, dinner, primping, dress-up, or general lounging about. A.E. (After E) I have been completely wrapped up in him - getting lost in his eyes, acting schmoopy, generally spending every ounce of available time with him. I don't think this is necessarily bad - especially at the beginning of a relationship when it's so honeymooney - but it IS important to have SOME balance...I mean, if E and I break up tomorrow and I have neglected all my GF's, then I won't have anyone to eat ice cream and watch Lifetime movies with! Plus, I know it hurts their feelings, just like it would mine if the situation was reversed. The reason this is an issue for E is because I was feeling quite upset about it...torn because I actually WANT to spend all of my time with him, but knowing that once I am out and about with the girls that I will enjoy myself. So E is on call all weekend, so he encourgaed me to fill up my weekend with all of my neglected girlfriends...and though I couldn't fit EVERYONE in, I scheduled a fair amount!
Thursday Night: Meeting Kaurie and Alexis (and A's boy, James) to go to the WTMD First Thursdays in Mt. Vernon (http://www.wtmd.org/events_new/events/index.php?com=detail&eID=783)...sure to be no parking, but as long as I remember a blanket and can purchase some type of polish sausage and/or other grilled meat from a street vendor - then I'm going to be happy.
Friday Day: OFF OF WORK, woo-hoo! Makes me so happy to be out of the office...my current group of buyers have been particularly needy and now that I've got Q2 all booked - I can take a bit of a breather before starting on on my Q3 pipeline. So Crystal, Allison and I are going to head up to North Baltimore County/South Harford County and do a little hiking/tubing/picnicking. I am in charge of the inner tubes and sandwiches.
Friday Night: Meeting up with Kari at Miss Irene's for a drink or two. Looks like she's bringing the boy - and if E is around then he'll attend as well...although he can't drink and may have to leave or take phone calls....
Saturday Day: Potentially going to the Beaver Dam Swim Club (http://www.beaverdamswimmingclub.com/index.html) which is a natural quarry-turned-awesome-pretend-beach-spot. Pool, bathrooms, volleyball court, basketball court, diving boards, rope swings, etc...pretty much the best day you can have for $12-16. Important things to remember: bring snacks and water toys (likes noodles and floats) because other people will have them and you'll be super sad when you don't.
Saturday Night: Meeting up with E to watch the fireworks. In the past, he has been invited up onto his neighbors roof deck for the view of the fireworks over the water...but with them currently hating me...that might not happen.
Sunday: Down to Annapolis to meet up ith Mere and Sherri. I'll either spend it watching Mere's softball team (she's the coach) or lounging about tanning and drinking margaritas...clearly my first choice :)
Great weekend, huh?
Update from last Friday:
Okay, remember the time that E's next door neighbor barrelled into the house all bloody and drunk at 7:30 in the morning? And how when I told people about it they all joked that I was now an accessory to murder because I gave him a bag to put his bloody clothes in? Oh, yeah...of course you remember - it was just last Friday. Well, last night as I was looking for a parking spot near E's, I saw three police cars outside the house - and I looked more closely because E's front door was also open and I was worried something might have happened to him - and that's when Joel and I made eye contact. I saw him talking to the police, and by the time I found a parking spot and walked back to E's - Joel had already been taken down to the station for questioning. Like, for reals.
Of course, I have no idea what it is actually about - and whether Joel actually killed somebody...but E said he heard the police say, "Well, we'll get it all sorted out down at the station". And they put him in the backseat (no handcuffs) and took him away at 9:30 at night. And their were detectives there. Not just regular old cops.
What do you think about that? I guess I'll just wait until I get called in for questioning...I don't want to volunteer the details about his bloody clothes because what if this is just about some unpaid parking tickets??
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment