Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I received flowers today from a client whose deal closed last week - which was very sweet. However, the best part was the card... because it says:

" I Guess You Are So Appreciated!"

I'm assuming the flower place took the order over the phone and when asked what the card should say, the client said "...I guess...'you are so appreciated'" and the flower place just wrote it all down. Hilarious!

One of my other favorite flowers-delivered-stories is when I received a dozen roses from Jason. Jason and I had been on a few dates but I wasn't sure I was feeling anything long term with him. I was surprised when I got the flowers, and immediately called him to say thanks. He was sweet on the phone, not at all with the usual "I'm-so-proud-of-myself-for-having-sent-you-flowers" voice. We chatted for a bit, and I think we made plans to go out that weekend. Two days later I get a call from another Jason in my phone...he wants to know if I ever received the flowers! Turns out I called the WRONG Jason to say thank you. I immediately called the First Jason up to ask him why he'd just gone along with it, and not told me I had the wrong Jason, and he (very practically) said - 'Why not take credit? I got a date out of it, didn't I?'. I later called Second Jason back to actually say thanks, and set up a date with HIM for the next weekend.

1 comment:

  1. LMAO. You would think these flower places would read the note back to the client. At first I thought it was a non-English speaker who wrote that on the card...but the phone order does make a little more sense. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete